A state of emergency has been declared in the Metropolitan Region of Santiago, Region of Coquimbo (La Serena), Region of Valparaiso, Region of O’Higgins (Rancagua) and Region of Bio-Bio (Concepcion) in response to mass demonstrations which are increasingly being accompanied by violence, looting and arson.
Transportation services, including flights, have been adversely affected. If you are travelling, please check flight status with your airline.
Please take precautions such as staying indoors to the extent possible, observing curfew timings, moving in groups, stocking up on food, water, candles and other essential commodities etc.
Many media sources are providing updates and some updates can also be seen on the Chilean government website www.gob.cl
- Invitation for Flag-hoisting ceremony on India’s Independence Day 2019
- Registration is now open for the 57th, 58th and 59th Know India Programme (KIP). The KIP, which is funded by the Government of India, provides an opportunity for youngsters of Indian origin to visit and learn more about India. Details are available at https://kip.gov.in/
- Celebrate the International Day of Yoga with us on 22 June
- Registration is now open for the 54th, 55th and 56th Know India Programme (KIP). The KIP, which is funded by the Government of India, provides an opportunity for youngsters of Indian origin to visit and learn more about India. Details are available at https://kip.gov.in/
- Group photographs of interaction in Chile on 31 March 2019 of community and friends of India with Hon’ble President of India in Chile are available at Embassy's Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/IndiaInChile/
- A Condolence Book will remain open in the Embassy on 20 and 21 August, 2018, from 10.00 AM to 04.00 PM.
- The Independence Day Reception that was going to be held on 16 August, 2018 on the occasion of the Independence Day of India has now been cancelled.
- The Embassy of India in Santiago annnounces, with deep sorrow, the passing of Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee, former Prime Minister of India. The Government of India has declared a seven-day State Mourning period.