- A state of emergency has been declared in the Metropolitan Region of Santiago, Region of Coquimbo (La Serena), Region of Valparaiso, Region of O’Higgins (Rancagua) and Region of Bio-Bio (Concepcion) in response to mass demonstrations which are increasingly being accompanied by violence, looting and arson.
Transportation services, including flights, have been adversely affected. If you are travelling, please check flight status with your airline.
Please take precautions such as staying indoors to the extent possible, observing curfew timings, moving in groups, stocking up on food, water, candles and other essential commodities etc.
Many media sources are providing updates and some updates can also be seen on the Chilean government website www.gob.cl
- Joint Statement on the Reform of the Multilateral System issued by IBSA (India, Brazil, South Africa) Foreign Ministers on the margins of 74th UNGA, on 26 September 2019.
- You are invited to participate in e-Auction of Mementos presented to the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi. Details are at https://pmmementos.gov.in/portal
- The Registration of Marriage of Non-Resident Indian Bill, 2019A Bill on Registration of NRI marriages introduced in Parliament on 11 February 2019 by Hon’ble External Affairs Minister. For more information go to Press Release here.
- For those travelling to India on E-visas issued online, it is important that you carry with you the specific passport mentioned in the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) issued by the Government of India.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited has tendered for manufacturing and supply of Multi Crystalline PV Module. Bids should be submitted by 0430 hrs Chile time on 8 March 2019. All details are available at http://www.bhel.com/tender/view_tender.php?tenderid=44609
- The Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) has tendered for procurement of 5 million Smart Meters for Pan India. Bids should be submitted by 0600 hrs Chile time on 12th February 2019. All details are available at https://eesl.eproc.in & https://eprocure.gov.in
- Details of public works projects (roads, hospitals, cable ways etc) just tendered by Chilean government for implementation till 2023 are available (in Spanish) at http://www.concesiones.cl/proyectos/paginas/agendaConcesiones2018_2022.aspx
24/7 Helpline + 56-9-32154035 :
[Only for Indians (NRIs/PIOs)]
For Consular Inquiries,call
For Commercial Inquiries ,call
Apply online for Visas & e- visas
Read India Perspectives